This program offers free, individualized tax preparation to anyone, regardless of age or income. We will have two clinics: February 19, 2019 and March 19, 2019. If you would like to sign up, just call the office at (925) 609-7900.
The checklist below includes items you need to bring when you visit an AARP Foundation Tax-Aide site for us to help you prepare your tax return(s):
- Previous year’s tax return(s).
- Social Security cards and/or ITIN notices/cards or other official documentation that show the taxpayer identification numbers for every individual on your return.
- Government-issued photo ID for each taxpayer.
- Checking or savings account information if you want to direct deposit any refund(s) or direct debit any amounts due.
- Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) (for each individual if applicable).
- W-2 for each employer.
- 1099-G form for unemployment compensation or state/local income tax refunds.
- SSA-1099 form showing the total Social Security benefits paid to you for the year, or RRB-1099, Tier 1 Railroad Retirement benefits form.
1099 forms (or other statements) reporting interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV) and/or proceeds from sales (1099-B), plus documentation showing the original purchase prices if you sold stocks or other assets.
- 1099-R form if you received a pension, annuity, or IRA distribution.
- 1099-MISC, 1099-K, or other 1099 forms. If you have a business, bring a summary list of all your income (cash and non-cash) and all business-related expenses.
- Information about any other income of any form including cash or other than cash.
If you have any questions or want to sign up, call our office at (925) 609-7900. When our tax appointments fill up, we can refer to one of the many other locations.